Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Invitation Ornament

From the moment I saw it on Pinterest, I knew I had to make this ornament! That was back before I even had wedding invitations made. Now, six months after our wedding, I finally made it! I followed the tutorial by the lovely Christy. You should definitely check out her post (and the rest of her blog as well).


Our wedding had a black and white damask color scheme, and I'm really happy that it came through in the ornament. I added a little heart charm and tied the top with a lace ribbon, and I am so pleased with how it came out. If you look closely, you can see my old last name, the word marriage, and his last name. I was definitely nervous that none of the important pieces would show through as I was cramming bits of paper into the ornament! I think it's great, though, and it's a fantastic way to save one of our invitations. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment