Monday, May 26, 2014

Paper Anniversary

My first wedding anniversary is coming up, which is traditionally the Paper Anniversary. I have a few idea about what I'd like to get for my hubby, but that's a post for another day. Until then, I'd like to share the gift I made him for Valentine's Day that could easily be reworked for a first anniversary gift.


This was an incredibly easy craft requiring a deck of cards, Mod Podge, a hole punch, binder rings, and some decorations! The hardest part was narrowing down my list to 52 things!


This craft was not my idea. I used the tutorial and template provided by Wives Unscripted. There's another great tutorial at this website.


The first step is making a list of all the things you love about the person you're making the gift for. If you are having trouble coming up with items, several people have posted theirs online if you need some inspiration.


You can use any deck of cards, but I chose one with really lovely artwork that I knew my husband would appreciate (he did, he wants another pack to play with). Cutting out all the individual squares took some time, especially since I somehow fail at using a paper cutter. I made a template to punch out the holes with using one of the instruction cards for the deck and attached all the cards together with binder rings. I added some embellishments to the "cover" and voila!


Overall it was very easy and inexpensive to make, and I'm very pleased with the end result! My husband loved it too, which is the most important part. What did you get for your Paper Anniversary?


No comments:

Post a Comment